Saturday, May 29, 2010

Week 4/4

Today was a lesson in what not to do.

Don't take the dog if you don't feel like dealing with an obstinate pain in the ass.

Don't eat a big sandwich an hour before you go running.

Don't forget sunglasses if it is sunny.

Don't touch the ipod. Just let it do its thing - if you restart the podcast in the middle of the last 5 minute run you'll be very frustrated.

Today was a disaster. And here I was repeating a week 4 run to hopefully go a little faster and be more ready for week 5. HAH!

Here is a recap of today, interval by interval.

5 minute walk - fine
3 minute run - 1 minute in Dessie decides she must pee in a very specific spot. I paused the podcast to allow her to pee, then we went on the rest of the 2 or so minutes.
1.5 minute walk - fine
5 minute run - OMG DESSIE WAS A PAIN!!!! I had to stop running (and pause the podcast) to give her a very stern talking to. After that she was fine, stayed right with me.
2.5 minute walk - fine
3 minute run - pretty much hopeless, I had to drag Dessie along to keep her from looking for road snacks. Made it 3 minutes without stopping but I was frustrated.
1.5 minute walk - fine, and I extended it a little to get to a street corner and avoid having to stop at a light.
5 minute run - first minute was ok, then Dessie absolutely HAD to pee again - and then I somehow reset the podcast to the beginning at which point I was ready to give up - but didn't - probably ran another 3 minutes, dragging Dessie the whole way. Really really frustrating.

walk home was probably an extra 2 minutes or so...

top that off with a side cramp for about half the time and my right foot is still bothering me.
Not a fun run at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment